Quick confession… I love Urban Decay’s All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. A few quick sprays, and I know my makeup isn’t going anywhere (even if I am spending the whole day outside in a humid, tropical zone!). But the price tag just kills me. So I started experimenting and came up with the perfect DIY Copycat Recipe that you can make for a fraction of the price!
DIY Makeup Setting Spray Ingredients
- 3 ounces of Rose Water
- 2 tsp Witch Hazel (LOVE this one because it’s enhanced with rose petals!)
- 4 tsp Veggie Glycerin
- 1/2 tsp Tea Tree Oil (this is optional but GREAT if you have oily skin or acne!)
- 4 oz Spray Bottle
The great thing is that the amount you have to spend goes down each time you make a recipe. For example, once you buy the Spray Bottle, you can just keep reusing it! (Great for the environment and your pocketbook!) And many of the other ingredients, like the Veggie Glycerin, Witch Hazel and Tea Tree Oil (if you use it) will last for multiple batches! So in the end, the price of the DIY Setting Spray is about 10% of the cost of Urban Decay’s All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray! Let’s move on to the simple instructions of how you can whip this up in just a few minutes…
DIY Makeup Setting Spray Directions
1. Pour the Witch Hazel, Veggie Glycerin and Tea Tree Oil (if you are using it) into your Spray Bottle. I highly recommend using a stainless steel funnel (it’s just a couple of bucks and it can be used over and over again!), so that you won’t spill any of the ingredients.
2. Gently mix everything together.
3. Fill the rest of the bottle with Rose Water, but leave a little space at the top for mixing purposes.
4. Put the cap back on the spray bottle, and mix it together by rolling the bottle carefully in your hands.
1. Before you use your Makeup Setting Spray, always gently mix the ingredients by rolling it in your hands.
2. Spray your face with your eyes closed and the bottle around a foot away from your face. You don’t want it to go in your eyes or to be too concentrated in any one spot, just a light mist!
3. Want more of a toning effect? Just increase the amount of Witch Hazel that you use.
4. Want to increase the “stay power” of your makeup? Just increase the amount of Veggie Glycerin that you use.
5. Not loving the Rose Water? You can replace it with filtered water.
I’m going to use up the rest of my Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray when I’m out and about (because the tiny bottle is so easy to throw in my bag). But after I finish it up, I will be looking for a small, reusable spray bottle for in my purse. Any suggestions? Leave a comment below! I’d also love to hear if you love this recipe or any tweaks you try out (and whether they work well or not!).